Two Sticks And Some String !

This is me, an opinionated, politically progressive Canadian Lace Knitter who's lived and worked in western Canada, and on the east coast of the USA; a multi-skilled person who's been recently re-elected to public office, has a Class One driver's license, a human services professional in direct service, middle and senior management positions, and a MOM!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005


The runner I made for my mother's 70th birthday; she's on the right end and I'm on the left end (left is better ... heheh). Took about 2 months to make, from the "muestras y motivos" book,with help from a friend in The Big Apple who took Spanish as her minor in university. Thanks, Glenda! Mother loved it. The handsome dude in the white shirt is my nephew-in-law, aka "Father of My Perfect Great Nephew." The lampshade on the upper right corner is on a lamp my grandfather made nearly a century ago, including the beaded shade with beaded fringe. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

  • At Wed May 25, 09:24:00 a.m. PDT, Blogger Kate said…

    Rosemarie, that runner is stunning! Are those fuchsias in the border there? My dad, now sadly no longer with us, loved fuchsias - I could knit one for my mum. What's this "belly- button start" you speak of? Results are great.

    Thanks for your comments on my Heirloom Shawl.

    Kate in sunny Warwickshire, England

     
  • At Wed May 25, 10:31:00 a.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Absolutely gorgeous. How did you start it. I use the crochet start and don't mind it but your right that yours looks perfect.

     
  • At Sun Jun 12, 04:30:00 p.m. PDT, Blogger Marina said…

    Your lacework is awesome, Rosemarie. Now that you have a blog, maybe you'll take use from start to finish with your next work of art.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Dippers
Progressive Bloggers
Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
NO Deep integration!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by TwoSticksAndSomeString

Fearless knitting

I am Knitting Daily
ru knitting daily?


Webring is owned by
Two Sticks and Some String !.
Previous | Next | List Sites