Two Sticks And Some String !

This is me, an opinionated, politically progressive Canadian Lace Knitter who's lived and worked in western Canada, and on the east coast of the USA; a multi-skilled person who's been recently re-elected to public office, has a Class One driver's license, a human services professional in direct service, middle and senior management positions, and a MOM!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005


This is my Beautiful, Perfect Father. Can you tell he's nearly 80?? The oak cabinet on which he is leaning was built by his father, sometime between 1915 and 1920 (my grandfather was born in 1900). This buffet was an instrumental part of the kitchen and dining room for my great-grandparents for over 35 year. In 1955, the year I was born, my great-grandfather passed away, and my grandfather disassembled the buffet, storing it in his basement. After both my grandparents passed away (they'd been married 76 1/2 years!), my dad asked me if I would like the buffet. Who could say no??? So last year he started to reconstruct the buffet. In the 50 years since it had been disassembled, some pieces had been lost. Reconstruction wasn't simply a matter of putting all the pieces together, but figuring out which pieces were missing and replacing them! Pops spent many, many hours on it, and early this year, we moved it from his house to mine. It has a matching mirror, not yet attached. This buffet is a beautiful piece of Buchanan family history; I'm very thankful to my dad for rebuilding it and very grateful to own this prize! Thanks, Daddy ... I love you! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 21, 05:49:00 a.m. PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A wonderful & beautiful piece of Buchanan history! I would hope it's passed on for generations to come..., right Eric?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogging Dippers
Progressive Bloggers
Vast Left Wing Conspiracy
NO Deep integration!
Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by TwoSticksAndSomeString

Fearless knitting

I am Knitting Daily
ru knitting daily?


Webring is owned by
Two Sticks and Some String !.
Previous | Next | List Sites